Diabetes Update 2012
November 9, 2012
8:00 a.m. -- 4:15 p.m.
(Registration / sign-in 7:30 to 8:00)
Burtness Auditorium, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Download flyer / registration form
This conference will provide information on obesity and Type 2 diabetes in children, nutrition, diabetes and weight loss surgery, psychosocial adjustment, athletes with Type 1 diabetes, diabetes and heart disease, medical management for Type 2 diabetes, and psychological aspects of mindless eating. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in interactive learning activities to increase knowledge and skills related to diabetes care.
The participant will be able to
- Explain how obesity and Type 2 diabetes affects children and their families
- Describe what people with diabetes need to know about diet
- Identify strategies to practice mindful eating to improve health
- Discuss weight loss surgery as a treatment for diabetes
- Identify psychosocial aspects of adjustment for those living with diabetes
- Verbalize how Type 1 athletes manage their diabetes (testimonials)
- Identify risk factors and relationships between diabetes and heart disease
- Discuss medical management of Type 2 diabetes
Stacey Bailey, MS, RD, CDE
Daniel Berger, MD, Endocrinologist
Farida Bounoua, MD, Bariatric Surgeon
Cristina Candido-Vitto, MD, Pediatric Endocrinologist
Jeannee Diaz, RD, CDE
Steven Kent, MD, Cardiologist
Pantea Rahimian, MSW, SW
Course Coordinator and Instructor: Tracey Lord, RN, BSN, CDE
Continental breakfast and lunch included
Registration is not complete until payment is received. Download flyer / registration form
- CHS Employees: No charge. Register through HealthStream.
- Travelers: Fee $95. Register through HealthStream. Complete registration form. Make check payable to CHS Education and send to the Education Department, SBCH.
- NON-CHS Employees: Fee $95. Complete registration form. Make check payable to CHS Education and send to the Education Department, SBCH.