Keep It Simply Scientific
Management of Pressure Ulcers
February 18, 2011
1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
SBCH / Conference Room E / F
Management of Pressure Ulcers requires effective off-loading techniques to reduce pressure and allow healing. This course will detail how pressure reduction/relief products work and the science behind common support equipment.
- Explain the relationship between stress and strain
- Explain the mechanical forces effecting pressure ulcer formation
- Explain the pathophysiology of pressure ulcer formation
- Differentiate flotation and contouring
- Identify the limitations of pressure mapping
- Utilize CT scans to differentiate effects of various support surface media on soft tissue
- Explain why a support surface alone cannot protect the heel at all times
- Identify a protocol for support surface selection
Course Instructor: Lynsey Rosencrans RN EHOB Industries
Course Coordinator: Bridget Nahabedian RN CWOCN CNC SWOT
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
CHS Employees and Travelers: Register online via HealthStream