8th Annual Skin, Wound, and Ostomy Symposium
August 9, 2012
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Earl Warren Showgrounds
|Sorry, registration has closed
(9:00 a.m. August 8).
No registration at the door.
Presented by the Center for Wound Management
and Skin, Wound, and Ostomy Therapy Services
2012 topics will include:
- Resources available to support pressure ulcer prevention Initiatives in various care settings
- Use of CNAs and PCT in the pressure ulcer prevention program
- Assessment and observation skills used in evaluating wounds and pressure ulcers
- Identification of pressure ulcers using NPUAP guidelines
- Challenges commonly found in diabetic wounds
- Clinical pathways to wound healing
- Best practices for hospital and LTC pressure ulcer prevention programs
- ABCs of diabetic wounds
Evidence-based approachs to wound healing
- Understanding venous disease
- Impact of malnutrition on wound healing
Speakers scheduled include:
- Elizabeth A. Ayello PhD, RN, ACNS-BC,FAPWCA, FAAN
- Brad Bailey MD
Regional Medical Director, Diversified Clinical Services
- Nancy Morgan BSN,MBA, WOCN, WCC
Co Founder-Owner, Wound Care Education Institute
- Viola Hebert, RN, BSN, MA.Abbott Nutrition
- Education Consultant: Ashley Freeman
7 CEUs available.
Minimum 30-day cancellation notice required. No refunds after 30 days -- no exceptions.