Keck Center for Outpatient Services offers patients with osteoporosis an avenue to a fuller, more active life. Exercise and education programs are individually designed to each patient's needs.
The loss of bone density due to osteoporosis has been proven to be reversible through physical activity. Treatment is designed to provide participants safe and effective ways to increase bone strength through exercise and weight bearing activities.
Components of the therapy services include:
- Flexibility and balance activities
- Endurance activities
- Weight training
- Body mechanics instruction
- Joint protection strategies
- Energy conservation techniques
- Relaxation/stress reduction technique
- Aquatic exercise
- Leisure Education
- Family education