Psychiatry and Chemical Dependency Voluntary Inpatient Unit
Our 20-bed unit provides voluntary, short-term inpatient treatment for adults 18 years of age and older. We treat the entire range of psychiatric illnesses with acute symptoms and provide a safe and supportive environment in which to recover.
We also assist our patients in completing medical detoxification and withdrawal from alcohol, sedatives, and opiates.
We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive and compassionate care. Our psychiatric nurses average more than 20 years of experience. Meet our clinical staff >>
Our unit provides:
- Individualized care for young adults, adults, and seniors
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Complete medical exam
- Specialized tracks for dual diagnosis (psychiatric combined with substance abuse)
- Case management and thorough discharge planning
- Pharmacological treatment and medication education
- Medical supervision of the complex process of detoxification
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Spiritual care
- Occupational therapy
- Pain management
- Yoga and movement therapy
- Music and art therapy
- Nutrition education
- Prompt access to the vast range of medical-surgical services available at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
We value the importance of collaborating with the family, friends, and outpatient providers of our patients with the goal of achieving maximum recovery.
Patients are admitted by private professionals or through our Emergency Psychiatric Services. Call (805) 569-8339.
We accept Medicare and most private insurances.
For more information about our services, please contact: Psychiatry and Chemical Dependency Services Coordinator, at (805) 569-7253.