Speech-language pathology helps adult and pediatric patients with all aspects of communication: talking, reading, writing, and understanding what others say. Swallowing assessments are also provided. Our services are provided by experienced, licensed, ASHA-certified speech language pathologists.
We specialize in:
- Working with tracheostomy and ventilator-dependent patients
- High-risk and medically fragile neonates and children
- Children or neonates with genetic syndromes and congenital anomalies
- Diagnosing disorders with modified barium swallow studies
- Providing continuing education and training in areas related to communication and swallowing
Speech therapists primarily evaluate and treat patients who have acquired communication and/or swallowing disorders as a result of stroke, traumatic brain injury, head and neck cancer, spinal cord injury, tumor, progressive neurological disease, seizure disorders, laryngeal pathology, developmental delay, infant/ neonatal/pediatric swallowing, head and neck trauma, and post-surgical changes.