To provide professional consultation and referrals for personal situations which have or may have an adverse impact on personal lives and/or work performance.
Cottage Health System sponsors an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which provides referrals and short-term counseling (up to 4 sessions) at no cost to the participant. Participation in the EAP is confidential, unless the participant demonstrates intent to commit, or has committed illegal acts or is a threat to him/herself or others.
All CHS employees and their immediate family members, domestic partner, and/or significant other are eligible immediately from date of hire.
- Eligible participants may self-refer to the EAP.
- The EAP will provide assessment and referrals and, when appropriate, provide short-term counseling (up to 4 sessions).
- An employee may be referred to the EAP by his/her supervisor or other authorized CHS representative.
- If the referral is due to documented poor job performance or a behavioral performance in the workplace, the EAP will provide confirmation of counseling session participation to CHS.
- Participation and compliance with the recommendations of the EAP may be required as part of constructive counseling, or in conjunction with formal performance improvement action plan to correct a behavioral problem in the workplace. Failure to comply with program requirements may result in further disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Mental Health Benefits
- Employees and/or dependents covered under the CHS Medical Plan are encouraged to contact an EAP representative for information about the mental health/chemical dependency benefits