Neonatal Resuscitation Provider
2014 Class dates:
Download flyer / registration form >>
• January 23, 2014
• March 24, 2014
• July 24, 2014
• November 4, 2014
Choose from these class times:
|• 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
||• 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
|• 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
||• 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
|• 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
||• 11:00 a.m. - 13:00 p.m.
|• 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
||• 11:30 a.m. - 13:30 p.m.
Classes begins in the Women's Services Conference Room, Junipero 3861, SBCH. See map >
<< Return to Continuing
- Review and simulate intubation sequence and/or assisting with intubation
- Demonstrate drawing up and administering resuscitation medication
- Practice and simulate various roles in newborn resuscitation
- Register for your preferred time via HealthStream. The class is two (2) hours in length.
- Complete the NRP online tests in HealthStream. If you do not see “NRP Online Examination, 6th Edition” in your HealthStream “My Learning” please contact the Education Department. The online course is not assigned until you register for the classroom skills. The online portion will not appear until 30 days before class.
- Be sure to use the 6th edition of the book to study from. The full title is “Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 6th Edition”.
- Bring the certificate of completion called “Examination Verification” with you to the class as your “ticket.” (You print this from HealthStream when you complete the online lessons).
- You will receive a “Welcome Letter” with more information and instructions about the online examination.
Please borrow the 2010 text and CD from your unit. Study materials “A Brief Summary for Busy People” and “NRP 2011 Summary” are available on the employee portal under “Education and Training”. If your unit is out of books you may obtain one from the Education Department with a deposit of $60. Your deposit will be returned to you when you return the book to the Education Department.
Course Coordinator: Dodi Gauthier, M.Ed, RNC-OB, C-EFM
Provider approved for 2.0 hours by the California Board of Nursing, Provider #00252.
Course meets the qualifications for 2.0 hours of continuing education credit for MFCCs &/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider # PCE 741
CHS Employees: Register for a 2-hour class via HealthStream. See "Women's Services." No charge to CHS employees.
CHS Travelers: Register via HealthStream. Forward check for $30 payment to Education Department.
- Complete registration form (download above)
- Tuition is $30 without textbook and $90 with textbook.
- Registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Payment: Check for $30 (no text) or $90 (includes text) payable to CHS Education Department
and mail to:
Cottage Health System
PO Box 689
Santa Barbara, CA 93102-9985