What will reform do?
- Require greater numbers of individuals either to carry health insurance or pay a penalty
- Provide health coverage to greater numbers of low-income individuals through expanded Medicaid (MediCal in California) programs
- Strengthen the nation’s healthcare system by reducing waste, fraud and abuse
- Invest in technology that allows for encrypted exchange of patient health information among authorized providers
- Encourage partnering opportunities between healthcare providers to use resources more effectively and expand the continuum of care before and after hospitalization
- Introduce health insurance reform over the next several years that addresses:
- Medicare drug discounts
- Extended coverage for young adults
- Small business tax credits
- Pre-existing health conditions
For more information, go to www.hhs.gov
What is Cottage is doing?
- Focusing on the quality of care we provide to our patients remains the most significant driver; establishing and reinforcing evidence-based protocols remains an essential part of that quality. See our Quality data here >>
- Efficiency is key. Shorter lengths of stay reduce costs for everyone and future reimbursements will focus on value and effectiveness rather than volume.
- We’re helping members of our medical staff with the technology expenses of establishing electronic health records (EHR) in their offices.
- We will continue to review alignment opportunities with other providers in our communities so that together we can integrate the delivery of high-quality and cost-effective care to all patients.